Sunday, September 11, 2005



Can you find us? Look hard enough and you may. Roads filled with neon, music, fliers, and of course people. Some people are so stupid that they even try to drive cars down raods like this. Why? Who knows. But these kinda of roads are fun, lots of things to do. From pizza to pa kimchi you can find it. Well of course minus a few c's cheese, camels, and Gabe you know. Its quite interesting, in the past year or so, a traditional drink called makkulli (막걸리) is becoming popular with the younger crowds. Makkulli is a alcholic drink made from rice. As the name is mak(막) which means carelessy, at random, or roughly. Kulli (걸리) which is derived from the verb kullida (걸리다) which means to catch (note the above words do have other meanings than metion above). So loosely tanslating it means roughly filtered rice wine. So as you would expect there is pieces of rice in it. It is usually drank chilled and out of a tea keatle. Strange as it may sound it is actually quite good, myself the first timed I tried it I didn't have it again for quite a while, but now I am a really big fan of it especially during those muggy days.

The following day for us was that rainy day I told you about. Even though the show must go on. The choice was easy for us, since I think none of uswould like to spend the day away sitting inside our hotel room. Let me correct myself, hotel nope more of like a korean guest house. My uncle got the pleasure of bathing in a blue light (must have been on sale somewhere) in his bathroom without a sink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home